Monday, April 13, 2020

Elite Gendarmes and a Sea of Hanoverian's as well as a Casualty Marker


In the last year I think I have been working slowly on the Empress Dragoons of which I have completed 14 and only 27 to go as well as a number of the Generals and their command bases for I Corp under dÉrlon. I have also completed 18 of the 34 Brunswick Hussars......So I haven't been idle just not overly prolific in my painting accomplishments.

The benefits of isolation and the Easter long weekend have worked together to get me motivated to finalise a number of projects that I was avoiding.
Having bought all of the Perry Hanoverian's that I needed to finish the Hanoverian units at Waterloo. As in all things involving this hobby and me being a compulsive obsessive, I purchased all 500+ figures needed when they first came out..........SO I spent a large part of the weekend preparing all of the figures cleaning the flash off and sorting them into the right regiments.

So I prepared 9 Battalions of Hanoverian Landwehr totaling 288 figures and 1 Field Battalion of 32 figures. I also realised that I probably ordered around 60 figures more than I needed........so may need to off load them to a worthy isolationist who needs them.

On a brighter note I also finished the Elite Gendarmes from Perry a week or so ago so took a few photos for you.




I also took photos of  some of my Cuiraissier Generals below that I completed in 2019


Finally I got these amazing bases with a dial on one end and numbered 0-10 that are large enough to hold a horse so I started on a casualty marker using the awesome Perry Dutch Cavalry casualty set. So this one I painted up as the Dutch 6th Hussars, pinned under his deceased horse.








 Have a safe and productive isolation to all my friends around the world.

Cheers

Colin




6 comments:

  1. Colin. Wonderful work on the Gendarmes. I have just sorted out lead for mine - as wll as the Eclaireurs - just a bit smaller than yours thugh. Good to see things moving.
    Richard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep going mate. I looked to start some Napoleonic French late war infantry but have the wrong figures - so much for that non-starter. How far have you got so far?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking superb Colin and good to see those cabinets are getting a good workout! Those Gendarmes are wonderful looking figures and the pill shaped casualty base is an inspired idea. Looking forward to seeing those Hanoverians get on the painting table as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am cracking on just a tad over half way on both the French and Allied armies and about 15% on the Prussians

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those gendarmes look suitably imposing! Lovely painting of them all, beautiful to behold.

    ReplyDelete
  6. loving the Gendarmes and the green is fabulous on that Hussar!

    cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete